Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thing # 22

Podcasts are great to use for audio learners and students who are not yet reading. This is the first year I've had an ESL student in my classroom. I've been looking for ideas of ways to help this child by searching on the Internet. I used the Educational Podcast Directory to search for podcasts concerning ESL learners. I subscribed to RSS feeds and listened to many podcasts about teaching ESL students. On of the podcasts, American Long o-Sound, could be used to reinforce phonemic awareness since the learner often confuses the vowel sounds. I also added RSS newfeeds to my Google Reader on this topic. Other podcasts I found interesting and useful were the podcasts designed for elementary students. All of the podcast directories were easy to use. I would consider created a podcast with my students. In my free time, I will listen to more podcasts relating to elementary education and ESL.

No comments:

Post a Comment