Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thing # 17

It would be awesome if more people knew about Del.icio.us so more tags would be available. This is the first time I've heard of tagging informaiton besides tagging Facebook photos. The tagging system is very conveinient for anyone who wants to search for something on the internet. I helps narrow the search of keywords by allowing you to select links that are most popular or that has the most tags. I logged into Del.cio.us and looked at other tags from my classmates. I found infomraiton on wikis, blogs, technology use, and lesson plans that I can use for my assignment in my other class. This year we adopted a new reading series at my school. I have spent countless hours searching the internet for websites and resources that related to the Reading Street series. I decided to make this my first search. A list of items popped up. I first looked at the most popular ones. Since the list was reasonable, I decided to look at all the tags. I found amazing websites with tons of resources ready to use. I did find two of these sites on my own. However, I've been searching for these sites since May. I'm thrilled that I was able to find new resources within a few clicks of the mouse. I think this is great resouce schools can utilize. Schools could make one account in which everyone could add tags to like the APSU23things account. Students doing research projects can find resources from other students that they might not have found on their own. Tagging is an easy way to locate things on the web that you are looking for. It helps to narrow down your search and hopefully helps you to discover the answers to your questions. Having a social bookmarking site is a great idea, especially for teachers that are looking for new or helpful ideas in the classroom. I had never heard of Del.icio.us. It is a very organized site. Being able to bookmark your websites and them tag them to help organize them is very beneficial. Having the availability to see what others have tagged will help people to connect to information that they may need or that you may be interested in. Also, teachers can pull their resources together instead of sending numerous emails throughout the school year of links to great websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment