Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thing # 12

I decided to try Google Calendar and IGoogle to explore further. I really enjoyed learning how to create the calendar. You can share your calendar publicly or with certain individuals. If you want to share your calendar with your friends, you simply type in their email address and they will receive a email inviting them to view and edit your calendar. They can add events in case you forgot something. You can click the link below to view my calendar. I will defintiely use this tool when I'm at work. My mom calls me a little kid because I'm always writing notes on my hands with markers so I don't forget things. At school, my desk is covered with post it notes of different dates I need to remember. By using Google Calendar, I can lists my events in a calendar that I can view at both home and at school. In addition, this tool allows you to sync your calendar to your cell phone. It will send you texts reminding you of upcoming events. In the elementary level, I can see teachers utilizing this tool. Middle and high school students could also use the calendar to keep them organized and help them manage their time. Students can make events to remind them of homework and project due dates.

View My Calendar

Next, I tried IGoogle. This allows you to add links, newsfeeds, and gadgets on your homepage. I can see teachers and older students using this to save time because you can put all your tools and favorite websites on one central place. This comes with a ton of gadgets you can choose to add to your homepage. I added a to do list, grammar reference with examples, translator, calendar, post it notes, top ten itunes songs, ect. Since I am always on youtube, I added a youtube link. Instead of having to go to the youtube site, I can type in my search on my homepage to find the youtube videos which saves time. In addition, I can view my email, calendar, google reader, and blog all from this central location.

No comments:

Post a Comment