Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thing #16

Teaching and being organized definitely go hand in hand. Managing twenty students or just being a student requires organizational skills. Whatever I can do to keep me more organized...the better. I've been using Igoogle as my customized homepage. My page is customized with my favorite links, newsfeeds, and gadgets. I added a grammar reference with examples, translator, calendar, post-it notes, top ten itunes songs, ect. In addition, I can view my email, Google reader, and blog all from this central location which saves me time from logging into different accounts and websites.

I started using the electronic post-it notes when I purchased my laptop. I always use this on my computer at home  to help me stay organized and help me remember things to do. My computer at work doesn't have the post-it notes, and I can't download it since it's not on the pre-approved list of software. But, I can still use the post-it notes with my Igoogle homepage since this is a tool that can be added as a gadget. Another gadget I added is a to-do list which is also quite handy.

I decided to try the Google Calendar in a previous task. I really enjoyed learning how to create the calendar. You can share your calendar publicly or with certain individuals. If you want to share your calendar with your friends, you simply type in their email address and they will receive a email inviting them to view and edit your calendar. I already added events to my calendar. Plus, I can view my calendar on my Igoogle account which helps even more with keeping me organized! I wish I would've discovered these tools earlier since it makes life a bit easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment