Monday, October 4, 2010

Thing # 13

Zoho Writer is not only free, but it also provides different features than Microsoft Office. If I have to email documents to parents, I always convert my documents to Adobe files before sending it because not everyone has Microsoft Office software. Zoho Writer can be used in place of the widely used Microsoft Word Processor. This program also allows you to save your documents both online and offline which makes it convenient to open your files from any computer without having to email it to yourself or transfer with a jump drive. Zoho also makes it easy to collaborate with others since they can view and make inline comments about the text. I found this tool very easy to use. I even shared the document with myself by using my other email address to see how the collaboration works. If others would give this a try, I'm sure they would catch on quickly too. Zoho uses the same commands keys and has many features as Microsoft Word. I wish I would have know about this before I spent over a hundred dollars purchasing Microsoft Word for my new laptop. It's insane how computers aren't equipped with anything but notepad these days!!! This is yet another new thing I'm going to explore more when finding the time. Guess I need to add it to my to-do list gadget in Igoogle so I don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment