Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thing # 4

Commenting helps create a sense of community and interaction because it validates the author and readers. The article Your Comments from the Blue Skunk Blog pointed out that bloggers obviously want people to make comments because this lets them know they are thinking about what they have just read. It was also said that people who don't care what others think or are "just doing it for themselves" wouldn't have a blog but a spiral notebook instead. If you do have a blog, it's important to respond to the comments left by the readers.You should at least be appreciative that they have taken the time to comment on your thoughts. This helps in creating a relationship between the writer and readers. The readers want to have a sense they are appreciated too. I thought it was interesting that there is etiquette for blogging. I'm not into the whole twitter and blogging thing so I've never heard of this stuff until now. I especially have never heard of the term "trolling" which basically means don't be a troll by leaving comments that will stir up emotional feelings. Even though I don't follow blogs, that is common sense to me. Like moms always say, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all." The blog called "How to Comment Like a King or Queen" says not to be afraid of commenting which I think is important. Sometimes people might not want to comment until they know more information, but they could add another perspective on the issue.

I have chosen to comment on the following classmates' blogs:
  1. Keri Lehman
  2. Tamika Jones
  3. Savannah Elaine
  4. K. Michelle Moore
  5. Tabitha Sirmans
Other Blogs:
  1. CoolCat Teacher
  2. Teaching Tipz

I didn't really choose specific people's blogs to comment on. All of my comments were made when just reading other's blogs throughout this assignment. If I came across someone's blog that gave me a new idea or perspective, I made a comment. I also asked some people questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment