Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thing # 20

I love Youtube. I use it almost daily for a good laugh or for informational purposes. I have learned how to change sink fixtures, work out tips, how to repair a broken Ipod screen, and how to curl my hair a certain way all from watching Youtube videos. This can be very addicting.  There are so many things I can learn from Youtube, I have to limit myself or I'll spend all my time on this site. Youtube is great because it helps the visual learners. I could have read about how to replace an Ipod screen, but actually seeing someone do it is much better. Since I enjoy painting, I need to understand how to mix colors. I've always struggled with color theory and mixing colors. After reading several articles on the Internet, I still didn't grasp the concept. After watching videos on Youtube, I could successfully mix the colors I wanted. Since I'm a girl, I love all the "girly" things such as makeup, clothes, and doing hair. I love this informative Youtube video because it does a great job of explaining the color theory while incorporating make up techniques. I think all schools should allow some of the content from Youtube to at least be accessible to teachers. At my school, Youtube is restricted. I've found many great resources that I would like to show in my classroom, but I can't. Schools could utilize the features of Youtube by creating a central location of uploaded videos that are accessible to teachers and students. These videos could be used for both teaching and learning purposes.

1 comment:

  1. At my school, YouTube is blocked as well. There have been some informative and funny videos I would have liked to share, but couldn't. I did try saving a video onto a flash drive once to share with my principal about some technology ideas. By doing that, I was able to show it on her laptop. However, I'm sure you would have to have a flash drive capable of holding large files.

    ReplyDelete